What challenges did India and Pakistan face in the 10 years after independence?
- “Political problems were the most serious challenges to new states in the first ten years of their independence.” Discuss with reference to TWO states.
- ‘The greatest challenge facing newly independent states were economic.” With reference to ONE newly independent state, to what extent do you agree with this statement?
- “Despite the achievement of independence, social and economic progress in most newly independent states remained limited.” With reference to ONE independence movement, to what extent do you agree with this statement?
- Examine the changes in social and cultural conditions since independence in one post-colonial state.
- How successful were the methods used to deal with the political challenges faced by one state after it achieved independence?
- In what ways, and with what success, did two post-independence states deal with either ethnic tensions or separatist movements?
- With reference to one post-colonial state, assess the economic and political challenges it faced in the decade after independence.
- To what extent were economic issues the most important challenge facing two post-colonial governments?
- Examine the social and economic consequences of independence for two newly independent states, each chosen from a different region.
Task: Notes on Challenges
|File Size:||14 kb|