How did the Cold War Develop?
- Setting up of NATO and the Warsaw Pact..
- Korean War
- Khrushchev and peaceful co-existence
- The impact of Soviet rule on Hungary, Rakosi, de-Stalinisation, Nagy and his demands.
- Reasons for Soviet invasion and its effects.
- The U2 incident 1960 and its effects on the Paris Summit Conference.
- Reasons for the construction of the Berlin Wall 1961 and its effects on relations between east and west Germany
NAto (1949) and the Warsaw Pact (1955)
The Korean War 1950- 1953
The Cold war in the east - Powerpoint
Korean War Timeline
Korean War Task
Write an explanation of the Korean war using all of the statements on the file below.
Try the mix and Match activity - Can you make sense of the cards?
Khrushchev and Peaceful Co-existence 1953 - 1956
The Hungarian Uprising 1956
The U2 Spy Incident 1960
The Berlin Wall 1961