Learn economics on your time. Leading thinkers explain the world around us in free, engaging videos.
Books - Classics and beyond...
Beach reading for the summer...
Summer Reading List A student emails me asking for a summer reading list. Here are ten very different books I like that are fun enough that you would not be embarrassed (well, not too embarrassed) reading them at the beach:
- Milton Friedman, Capitalism and Freedom
- Robert Heilbroner, The Worldly Philosophers
- Paul Krugman, Peddling Prosperity
- Steven Landsburg, The Armchair Economist
- P.J. O'Rourke, Eat the Rich
- Burton Malkiel, A Random Walk Down Wall Street
- Avinash Dixit and Barry Nalebuff, Thinking Strategically
- Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner, Freakonomics
- John McMillan, Reinventing the Bazaar
- William Breit and Barry T. Hirsch, Lives of the Laureates