DID THE PARIS PEACE CONFERENCE MAKE A SENSIBLE PEACE?
- Your teacher will explain the situation in January 1919
- Why is a treaty needed? What needs to be decided?
- You will be working in a group of 3 to decide what should be in the treaty. You will need to choose which leader you will be
- Read pages 28-29 to find out about your leader's point of view
- Now read through the decision sheet and tick off what your leader would like: Paris Peace settlement decision sheet.pdf
3. The negotiations
- Work through the decision sheet now in your group
- You will need to try and persuade the others to agree to your point of view (you may have to bargain and trade off decisions)
- A 2 to 1 vote wins the decision
- Discuss the decisions you arrived at and how with the class
- Now compare what you did with the real one on page 32 & 33
- Would your leader have been happy
- Stepping back from your character, what do you think?