What do you already know:
- How did people live before the Industrial Revolution?
- What changes in agriculture and production made industrialization possible?
- How did new inventions spark industrialization?
- What ingredients are necessary for industrialization to take place?
- Why did the Industrial Revolution begin in Great Britain?
In this simulation you will learn how people's lives changed as their centuries old way of life in the countryside inhabiting small villages gave way to industrialization and urbanization. The process was a far from easy one and people lives were changed beyond recognition. in this game you will develop an understanding of how the new urban landscape emerged and the growing pains that went with it.
ACTIVITY 1 MEMORY RECALL: Your teacher will give you 5 minutes to quietly read the following passage on your iPad. Try to retain as much information as you can. In teams of 4 you must try to recall as many facts as you can about England before the Industrial Revolution. Now it is a Race to write down as many ideas for your team on an interior window. Which group will have written the most and how accurate will you be?