WHY WERE THE FRENCH SO ANGRY?
1. How was France ruled in the 1770s?
- Read page 182 of the SHP Year 8 textbook.
- Think back to how Britain and America was being ruled at this time, What similarities or differences are there?
2. How was French society structured?
- The teacher will give you a quick overview of how French society was structured. They may use this starterto look at the plight of the Sans Cullotes in 1789.
- Then read page 183 to deepen your understanding of French society.
- Now fill in this sheet: The structure of society in France in the 1780s
- Now note down the changes each group would like to see in France and how you think they will go about bringing about this change (e.g. violent or peaceful?)
Some of the First Estate would like....
I think they would try to achieve this peacefully/ violently because...
- Which group do you think will achieve most from a Revolution?
Can you advise Louis XVI?
Your Password: bish123
REFLECTING ON THE FRENCH REVOLUTION AND ITS SIGNIFICANCE - WAS IT A TURNING POINT?
Make a list of the ways in which he suggests that the French Revolution could be seen as 'not that revolutionary'. Make another list of the reasons he does see the revolution as important.
Write a paragraph explaining your opinion on the significance of the French Revolution. Use what you have learned from the John Green videos and explain why the points you are using should shape our opinion in your view.